Lawyer and Legal Practice Director
David is a qualified lawyer who provides comprehensive advice and representation in respect of a wide range of matters in the employment law, litigation, commercial law, property law and criminal law fields.
David has particular expertise in employment law. In addition to handling employment-related litigation, David advises on a variety of employment law issues including unfair dismissal and general protections, performance management, termination of employment, contracts of employment and restraints of trade, NES entitlements, awards and enterprise agreements, superannuation and taxation, workplace bullying and harassment, occupational health and safety, policies and procedures, transfers of business, redundancies and reorganisation.
One of his key driving aims is to provide his clients with commercial, cost-effective and clear legal advice. Prior to establishing DPSK Lawyers, David worked for a large global law firm.
In his spare time, David enjoys a variety of hobbies including indoor soccer, tennis, cricket and motorcycle trials. David is also a keen supporter of the West Coast Eagles football team.
David has a particular interest in litigation and dispute resolution. His experience includes conducting litigation in a range of jurisdictions nationally, including the:
- Fair Work Commission
- Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission
- Federal Court of Australia
- Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of Western Australia
- District Court of Western Australia
- Magistrates Court of Western Australia
- Industrial Magistrates Court of Western Australia
- State Administrative Tribunal of Western Australia
- Family Court of Western Australia
- ACT Magistrates Court and ACT Civil & Administrative Tribunal
- Queensland Magistrates Court
- Northern Territory Local Court and Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- New South Wales Local Court
David has acted as counsel or instructing solicitor in the following cases:
- Acting as counsel for the successful respondent to an unfair dismissal claim in Ramakrishnan v Dargan Financial Pty Ltd ATF for the Dargan Financial Discretionary Trust T/A Home Loan Experts  FWC 1839
- Acting as instructing solicitor for successful applicant for an interlocutory injunction in One Tree Community Services Inc v United Voice  FCA 1309 and respondent in United Voice v One Tree Community Services Inc  FWC 4235, applicant in One Tree Community Service Inc v United Voice (No 2) (2020) 293 IR 417;  FCA 390, successful respondent to costs application in One Tree Community Service Inc v United Voice (costs)  FCA 500 and appellant to Full Court of the Federal Court of Australia in One Tree Community Services Inc v United Workers’ Union  FCAFC 15
- Acting as counsel for the successful first respondent to an application for judicial review in Khan v Minister for Immigration & Anor  FCCA 701
- Acting as counsel for the successful respondent to a denied contractual benefits claim in Martin v Michael Moloney Wildflower Electrical and Refrigeration Services Pty Ltd  WAIRC 232
- Acting as instructing solicitor for the successful respondents to a claim alleging contraventions of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) in respect of redundancy entitlements in Lukies v S2V Consulting Pty Ltd & Anor  FCCA 380
- Acting as counsel for the successful appellant in Bienias v Iplex Pipelines Australia Pty Limited (2017) 266 IR 11;  FWCFB 38
David completed his Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Accounting) degrees at the University of Western Australia in 2014. Following completion of articles of clerkship, David was admitted as a lawyer of the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2016 and subsequently entered on the High Court Register of Practitioners as a barrister and solicitor.