We act and have extensive experience dealing with litigation and dispute resolution before State and Federal courts and tribunals, in addition to experience with negotiations, mediations and arbitrations.
We adopt a pragmatic approach to litigation in order to resolve disputes and achieve outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We are also happy to negotiate fixed fee stages for litigation wherever possible.
Where matters proceed to hearing, we are also able to brief counsel (also known as a barrister) on your behalf.
Types of disputes that we litigate
The kinds of disputes we can assist with are:
- contractual and business disputes
- building disputes (including in relation to construction contracts and defective building works)
- fiduciary duty, director’s duties and professional negligence claims
- debt recovery and judgment enforcement proceedings (including under the Civil Judgments Enforcement Act 2004)
- consumer law and trade practices disputes (including misleading and deceptive conduct claims and consumer guarantee claims)
- partnership disputes and shareholder disputes
- employment disputes
- leasing and property disputes
- regulatory proceedings and prosecutions
- fraud and misappropriation claims
- trust, family provision and estate litigation
- bankruptcy and insolvency litigation (including winding up applications and applications to set aside statutory demands)
- administrative law proceedings, including merits review applications, freedom of information (FOI) applications and judicial review proceedings
- domestic, strata and residential tenancy disputes
- injunctions and restraining orders
We are also able to provide town agent services for law firms located outside of Western Australia.