We act and have extensive experience dealing with litigation and dispute resolution before State and Federal courts and tribunals, in addition to experience with negotiations, mediations and arbitrations.
We adopt a pragmatic approach to litigation in order to resolve disputes and achieve outcomes in a cost-effective manner. Wherever possible, we are also happy to look at negotiating fixed fee stages for litigation.
Where matters proceed to hearing, we are also able to brief counsel (also known as a barrister) on your behalf.
Types of disputes that we litigate
The kinds of disputes we can assist with are:
- contractual and business disputes
- building disputes (including in relation to construction contracts and defective building works)
- fiduciary duty, director’s duties and professional negligence claims
- debt recovery and judgment enforcement proceedings (including under the Civil Judgments Enforcement Act 2004)
- consumer law and trade practices disputes (including misleading and deceptive conduct claims and consumer guarantee claims)
- partnership disputes and shareholder disputes
- employment disputes
- leasing and property disputes
- regulatory proceedings and prosecutions
- fraud and misappropriation claims
- trust, family provision and estate litigation
- bankruptcy and insolvency litigation (including winding up applications and applications to set aside statutory demands)
- administrative law proceedings, including merits review applications, freedom of information (FOI) applications and judicial review proceedings
- domestic, strata and residential tenancy disputes
- injunctions and restraining orders
We are also able to provide town agent services for law firms located outside of Western Australia.